Meet Dr. Kessler
Andrew Kessler, M.D. is an American Board of Ophthalmology certified ophthalmologist who has been practicing comprehensive ophthalmology for over 25 years in Westminster, Maryland.
He routinely performs cataract-refractive surgery, along with ophthalmic surgery for many eye diseases including cataract, glaucoma, diabetes, and strabismus. He has performed surgery on several doctors in Carroll County.
He has become the eye surgeon whom other doctors trust.
In 1993, Dr. Kessler became the first surgeon in Carroll County to perform refractive surgery. He began performing Laser Vision Correction after it was FDA approved in November 1995. Since 1993, he has performed over 3000 refractive surgery procedures.
Dr. Kessler has successfully performed thousands of cataract surgery procedures. He was the first surgeon to perform stitchless, small incision cataract surgery at Carroll Hospital Center. In July 2005, he became the first surgeon in Carroll County to implant the ReSTOR multifocal lens. He offers laser assisted cataract surgery with the Alcon Lensx laser.
• Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Maryland Hospital
• The Johns Hopkins Suburban Health Center
• Carroll County Medical Society, President 1995-1997
• American Academy of Ophthalmology
• American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
• International Society of Refractive Surgeons
• Maryland Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
• Carroll County General Hospital: Laser Safety Committee, Chairman
• Medical Director of the Carroll County Eye Surgery Center
Bachelors of Arts, University of Pennsylvania
Doctorate of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Received the Stuart Mudd Award and the Jack Clarke Prize.
Internship, Presbyterian University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
Residency, University of Maryland Medical Center, Department of Ophthalmology
During his last year, he was the Chief Resident of the Eye Clinic.